Come and learn the ancient skills of green woodwork.
Make your own bodhran beaters, wooden spoons, spirtles, dibbers and pins, spinning tops and rounders bats, jig dolls, tool handles and stools.
Gain practical skills as you dance with the rhythms of the pole lathe. Bodgers apply wit and muscle to use broadleaf woodland sustainably. Your teachers know the land, the trees and animals from the inside out – you’ll learn lots more than just working with wood…
You can stay in a local B&B or on the field where traditional lathes and shaving horses await you: a beautiful, secluded meadow beside a magical wood, there’s space to wild swim in the river and relax in a natural sauna..
Come and Be Creative with the Green Man Wood Workers.. Camp!
* Use of pole lathe and full set of tools for camp duration
* All greenwood materials from surrounding woods
* Three full days of one to one tuition from friendly, experienced green woodsmen
* Camping with use of hot showers, toilets, wood fired sauna
* Use of camp kitchen including wood fired oven
* Free coffee, tea and a hot veggie meal on arrival… (bring more food to share – and try your hand at cooking on an open fire)
2011 Weekend Dates:
Where possible, please arrive the day before the course begins to settle in, relax and enjoy learning without any rush or pressure.
Keen youngsters (of any age) very welcome.
for more info and bookings:
Stuart 07913 469 064
Join us for a one day Bodhran-playing workshop in Norwich.
Drums available to play and to buy.
Contact us for details.